- How to Create a Debug Log
- I Cannot Move a File to an Encrypted Folder
- This Application Requires a Java Runtime Environment
- USB Flash Drive Support
- Where can I download Boxcryptor Classic?
- What happens if Boxcryptor goes out of business?
- Outdated Clients
- Cannot open some files
- Known Limitations
- What is a FolderKey.bch and a .bclink file
- Recover Account Access if Second Factor (2FA) is Lost
Manage Clouds and Locations
Boxcryptor supports a vast variety of cloud storage providers out of the box. Additionally, Boxcryptor works with every cloud provider which supports the WebDAV protocol.
Boxcryptor works as an additional security layer for your cloud storage. The portable version connects directly to your provider and handle both uploading and encrypting your files. To add a new provider to Boxcryptor, follow these steps:
- Click on Add Provider and select your provider.
- Enter your provider’s credentials to connect it to Boxcryptor.
Boxcryptor gives you access to files stored in Google Drive's My Drive. Additional folders backed up via My Computer are not available.
Boxcryptor supports adding folders of your local file system as Local Storage provider:
- Click on Add Provider and select Local Storage.
- Click on Browse and choose your own, customized location.
If your cloud provider is not listed as a supported provider, chances are high that Boxcryptor supports it nevertheless, because we support the WebDAV protocol. This protocol is used by most providers.
- Contact your cloud provider for the WebDAV credentials.
- Click on Add Provider and select WebDAV Advanced.
- Enter your provider’s credentials to connect it with Boxcryptor.